Sunday, October 14, 2012

Crossfade and The Cranberries

As you know I have been blogging about bands according to letters of the alphabet.  Today's post is on the letter C.  The bands that I have chosen are Crossfade and the Cranberries.  I know these groups are pretty opposite genre wise but that's the fun of choosing random bands.  Let's start with the Cranberries.

The Cranberries are an Irish band that started singing in 1989.  They are considered to be a rock band with indie pop elements.  I actually really enjoy this band.  I like the sound of Dolores O'Riordan voice.  I think that it's beautifully unique and I like the Celtic embellishments that sometimes come out.  I think she is so fun to sing along with.  Their first album came out in 1993 entitled Everybody Else Is Doing It So Why Can't We.  This album features most of their hit singles like Dreams and Linger. 

The first song that I chose for you is Zombie from the album No Need To Argue.  As you listen to this song you notice that it talks about war and how it ruins lives.  I really like this song.  I think that the intro is amazing with great guitar riffs and drums that set the tone of the song.  I think the lyrics to this song are very powerful and the melody is so catchy.  I know most of you have heard this song but I urge you to listen and truly appreciate the meaning behind this great song.



The second song I chose is When You're Gone off the album To The Faithful Departed.  This song is a great ballad.  This song begins with nice vocalizing followed by the slow phasing in of the guitar and the drums.  This track is really melodic and pretty.  The rhythm is kind of slow so you have to be prepared for a softer tone in the vocals and the music.  I bought this single when it came out and I listened to it until I drove my brother crazy.  Lyrics that mean something to you can make you listen to a song over and over again so prepare yourself :)



Crossfade is a rock/heavy metal band that came out in 1999.  They achieved success with their 2004 self titled album Crossfade.  They have recorded three studio albums and are still recording and writing music.  The first song that I chose from them is one of the singles off their album Crossfade.  Cold is a great song.  Again I like music with great lyrics.  I appreciate that in a song and this one is no exception.  I like the vocals and especially the tone in Ed Sloan's voice.  I think that the guitar in this song is mesmerizing and that it's interesting that the song starts right off with vocals.  I think that is a bold move and it works well for them.  Here is Cold.



The second song I chose from this band is Prove Me Wrong off their third album We All Bleed.  This song brings out more of the metal style in their music.  The guitar riffs are powerful and a little dark.  I still enjoy the vocals and can relate to the lyrics of this song.  This album is considerably different from their first one.  They tried to modify their sound to make it a little harder than on their previous albums.  If you like this song give their album a listen, it's really good.  Enjoy and thanks for following us. -Kristy


No comments:

Post a Comment